We have jobs and careers that are as varied and exciting as the products we sell.
Please use the search options below to find a role, either by type or location.
Buyer - Retail
Job no: 503504
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Metro
- Australian owned and operated retail business
- Career Progression & Team Member discounts
- A vibrant, team culture where we embrace pace, encourage new ideas & leadership
About the role
You will be crucial to Anaconda’s continued success in delivering the right outdoor products at the right price and the right time. Managing your dynamic and inspiring team, you’ll work to achieve the optimum balance between anticipating market trends and maximising profitability through smart purchasing.
Build ranges and success within your category & create the ultimate customer adventure!
What you will be doing
- Sourcing, buying and developing new product that reflects market trends
- Managing Merchandise Plans to deliver an increase in sales and profit
- Submit and manage the promotional & marketing plan to enhance the department sales and profitability whilst ensuring the required deadlines are met
- Managing & inspiring your team to achieve success within your category
- Negotiate costs and trading terms to maximise win win outcomes and build strong relationships with trade partners
- Retail hard goods or FMCG background experience
- Proven success driving category growth and delivering increased profit
- Commercial focus working in a dynamic and fast paced team
- High volume / Big box retail exposure
- Strong leadership and the passion to empower your people to achieve success
What’s in it for you?
Spotlight Retail Group prides itself on providing it’s team members incredible career- growth and opportunities as part of the SRG team, we can offer you:
- Exposure to and opportunities across one of Australia’s largest Retailers, with continuing growth
- Career progression, personal development and mentoring
- A culture that rewards initiative and creativity
- Benefits- Team Discounts, EAP, Gym Membership Discounts and more
Who We Are
Anaconda has come a long way from our first ever store in Bayswater Victoria, back in 2004. We have grown at a rapid rate and now have over 75 stores across Australia.
With the largest range of outdoor products in Australia, it is our aim to entertain and educate our customers on what they need for their adventures.
SGH is Australia's largest privately-owned and operated family business, comprising of the Spotlight Retail Group, the Spotlight Property Group, Spotlight Direct Investments and the Spotlight Charitable Foundation.
Comprising of the long term existing iconic brands in Spotlight, Anaconda and Mountain Designs, together with the exciting addition of Harris Scarfe, SRG is acknowledged as the market leaders within the Australian retail Space.
If you love the outdoors and adventure and are passionate about being a part of our Play More, Pay Less Culture, we want you to be a part of our dedicated team- Apply now.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
No agency enquiries or applications please
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Found the perfect Anaconda role for you and want to apply? Great!
You’ll find details on our recruitment process below. Make sure you’re well prepared to keep your nerves at bay and to maximise your chances of making a great impression.
1. Update Your CV
Make sure your CV is up-to- date with your latest skills and experience, and that it’s tailored to the role you are seeking. It is a legal requirement that all Anaconda employees have the right to work in Australia.
You can apply online by selecting the relevant job link above, uploading your CV and completing the online application form.
3. Attend An Interview
If your application has been successful, we will ask you to take part in one or more of the following:
• phone interview
• face-to-face interview
• group interview.
4. Reference & Police Check
As part of the screening process, we will obtain your consent to complete two work-related reference checks and, for roles that require one, a police check.
5. Job Offer
Congratulations! If you have been successful, you will be able to accept your letter of offer online together with an employment pack containing information on
Anaconda and your responsibilities and entitlements.